Selling a Property
If you are selling your property or considering selling your property, we urge you to have your property surveyed. Even if you have an older survey, it may not show improvements you have made or your neighboring land owners have made near your common property lines.
- An up to date survey makes your property more marketable.
- You will be able to show with confidence the size and exactly where the property corners are as well as sidelines to prospective buyers.
- An up to date survey protects you by bringing potential legal problems to your attention so they can be addressed.
- A surveyor can furnish a modern deed description that will eliminate ambiguities in your current deed that may hold up or even cancel the sale of your land.
- It makes the most sense for the seller to have a survey prepared. We suggest you add the cost of the survey to the selling price. It has been our experiences that cash strapped buyers would rather have a survey included in a mortgage than having to find money later on.
According to New York State Law, only surveys made by licensed and registered New York State Land Surveyors are legal. We at Albrecht & Willson have the education and experience and would be happy to help you with your land surveying needs.